Departments of Physiology
The Department of Medical Physiology was established in 2014. The department deals with basic functioning and normal metabolism of body. We at Department of Physiology is following Competency Based Medical Education which includes didactic lectures, practical and interactive innovative teaching learning sessions as per the norms of MCI and guidance of Curriculum Committee.
Department has four spacious laboratories i.e. Hematology Lab, Clinical Physiology Lab, Amphibian Lab (Digital) and Mammalian Lab along with one Lecture Hall, 2 Demonstration Room and Department Library cum Seminar Room. Each lab can accommodate 50 students at one time.
Available Equipments :
Department have equipment’s for Clinical Physiology enough numbers of Microscope, Sphygmomanometer, PFT, ECG, EMG and Perimetry.
Achievements and Research :
The department is actively engaged in the basic and applied research in the field of Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Neurophysiology, Reproductive physiology, Sleep physiology and Medical Education. We have facilities for Autonomic Nervous System, evaluation Neurophysiological Psychological and Psychiatric evaluation.
Sanjjevani Swasthbharti :
Department of Physiology conducting unique program Sanjeevani Swasthbharti, a communication skills development program for undergraduate Student, aiming to build up better student teacher rapport and providing platform for communicating with society for better patient doctor relationship. It\helps to develop voice culture amongst student and impart importance of the communication skills amongst them. Prof. Dr. Atul Manoharrao Deshkar is Program Director.
Linguistic Skill Development Lab :
Department of Physiology has developed Linguistic Skill Development Lab for the linguistic skills in English and Vernacular Language too. Department understands that college is situated in backward but fast developing state Chhattisgarh. Here students comes from remote area who have talent but because of language problem the talent of these students remain unexplored. Department takes special effort and conduct interactive sessions once in a week where students are encouraged for breaking language barrier and interact with teachers to solve their problems.
Awards and Achievments :
1. Dr. Atul Manoharrao Deshkar Received President Appreciation Award by IMA CG state President for contribution towards IMACGP in state level conference of Indian Medical Association at Durg on 23rd Feb 2020.
2. Dr. Atul Manoahrrao Deshkar is Member of National IMA Standing Committee for Occupational Health 2020.
3. Dr. Atul Manoharrao Deshkar was nominated as Director Studies IMA College ofGeneral Practitioner IMA CG State for year 2020.
Courses : M.B.B.S
1. Physiology Department organized Workshop on Voice Culture on 14th Feb 2020. Training was given to 20 students, Mrs Archana Singh who served at Ex Faculty from Vividhbharti Bilaspur was resource person.
2. Stress Management Workshop by International Faculty Ms Suchi from Singapore was organized at Bharat Ratna Late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Memorial Medical College Rajnandgaon CG on 14th Feb 2020.
3. Innovative undergraduate Seminar for developing linguistic skills, computer skills and conference presentation skills were organized with Dil Se and Dimaag Se section for strengthening different dimensions of personality of students.
A. Publication in The Field of Yoga
1. Effect of Modified Valsalva Maneuver on Heart Rate and ECG among Young Non – Athletes and Athletes Santosh Balgote, Atul Manoharrao Deshkar International Journal of Physiology, April-June 2019, Vol. 7, No. 2
B. Publications in The Field of The Reproductive Physiology
2. Etiological Profile of Azoospermic Patients attending Male Biological Reproductive Unit of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sewagram (Maharashtra), India Santosh Balgote , Anil Chaudari International Journal of Physiology, April-June 2019, Vol. 7, No. 2
C. Publications in The Field of The MET
3 Knowledge, Attitude & Practise of Voluntary Blood Donation in Students of BRLSABVM Medical College, Rajnandgaon, Chhattisgarh Santosh Balgote, Anshul Singhai, Charuhas Akre, Atul Deshkar Atal Bihari Vajpayee Memorial Medical College, Rajnandgaon, IJOP 2020.
Clinical Material in the Hospital :
1. We have established Integrated Health Center Having Yoga Research Unit and Yoga Clinic. We have EMG Lab for evaluation of Myopathies.
2. Dr. Anshul Singhai Assistant Professor is in charge of the various Clinic.
3. We offer Lifestyle modification therapy for Diabetes, Hypertension and Obesity.
4. We also run Stress Management Clinic to destress we arrange counselling, Music Therapy and Yognidra sessions.
List of Faculty : Department HOD & Faculty Details
Following Table Shows The Faculties in Department of Physiology.
|Name||Designation||Qualification||Contact No||Email Id|
|-||Professor and Head||MBBS, MD (Physiology)||-||-|