Departments of Obstetrics & Gynecology
“Chose a career in obstetrics and gynecology because there's something about honoring mother, honoring the birth process.”
Department came into existence in 2014-15 It is a comprehensive clinical service and educational department, specializing in health care of women both on primary and referral basis. We provide 24 x7 hours functioning Labour room & Caesarean OT. Facility for Gynae surgeries is available in Major OT for 3 days a week, Family planning services are being provided on daily basis. Our OPD facility includes high risk ANC, Gynae, Postnatal and Special clinics such as Cervical cancer screening, Adolescents heath, Infertility and Menopause run for six days a week. The department is also taking care of 100 bedded MCH wing. Construction of 2 bedded ICU has been done in Labour room premises. JSSY and Ayushman Bharat Yojna have already been implemented
Facilities in Out-Patient Department :
• Antenatal Clinic for Low risk & High risk
• Postnatal Clinic
• Family Welfare Clinic
• Gynae checkup
• Sterility Clinic
• Cancer Detection Clinic
• Adolescents Health
• Ante partum surveillance by Fetal Doppler, CTG
• Prenatal Diagnosis, Ultrasound
• STD/ HIV counseling & testing
OPD Procedures/Minor Procedures :
• PAP /Endocervical Smear
• IUD/MERANA Insertion and removal
Facilities in Postpartum Unit :
Department is a recognized training center for medical termination of pregnancy and permanent sterilization and providing following regular services.
• Medical abortion
• Surgical abortion
• Tubectomy (Conventional including /Puerperal / Laparoscopy)
• Counseling & provision of condom, Oral pills, POP, DMPA, IUCD etc. (PPIUCD, Interval IUCD)
Facilities in Inpatient Department :
• Two units are available in the department
• Total no of beds for each unit-30 beds
• Facilities for admission & management of common/difficult Obstetrics & Gynecological problems as well as pre-malignant and early malignant conditions.
Labour Room :
• Obstetrics admission includes management of low as well as high -risk pregnancy.
• Facility of normal/difficult (abnormal/instrumental) delivery.
• Facility of HDU/ICU
Minor/Major Operation Theater :
All types of minor or major, emergency or planned Obstetrics & Gynaecological surgical procedures are performed. Obstetrics Procedures :
• Cervical cerclage
• Caesarian section
• Emergency obstetric hysterectomy
• Surgery for ectopic pregnancy
Gynaecological Procedures :
• Cervical biopsy
• Endometrial aspiration
• Fractional curettage
• Cervical electrocauterization /cryocauterzation
• Cervicopexy (Sling surgery)
• Total abdominal hysterectomy
• TAH with BSO
• Modified Redical Hysterectomy
• Debulking surgery for early ovarian cancer
• Surgeries for Inversion uterus
• CPT repair
Available Equipments :
• Electrosurgical unit
• Harmonic scalpel
• Vessel Sealer
• Diagnostic and Operative laparoscope
• Office Hysteroscope
• Fetal Doppler
• CTG Machnine
• Pulse Oximeter
• Multipara Monitor
• Multipara Monitor with IABP& ETCO2
• Multipara Monitor with wall mounted stand
• Portable Ventilator
• OT Fumigator
Achievements and Research :
Three faculty (Dr Meena Armo, Dr Neha Thakur, Dr Rohini ) have recently cleared MRCOG Part 1 examination ( membership of Royal College of obstetrics & Gynaecology society). However Dr Neha (Assist. Professor) and Dr Rohini (Assist. Prof.) have left the department hence their details were not included in the list.
Courses : M.B.B.S
• Department is actively involved in training of MTP, TT, PPIUD, CS, SBA and Paramedicals.
• Training programs for MTP, TT, PPIUCD, C-Section, SBA etc. SBA and MTP.
Training are being conducted under guidance of Dr Vimal Khunte (Assoc. Professor/ DHS Senior specialist) in family planning department as per DHS order.
Symposium/ Seminar :
Department is regularly conducting seminar, case presentation, journal club, maternal mortality meet, guest lectures by senior faculties from different medical Colleges. Awareness programs are being conducted on regular basis regarding women and adolescents health & hygiene like maternal nutrition, family planning, STD and HIV prevention cancer prevention.
Publications : Click Here to View List of Publications PDF File
List of Faculty : Department HOD & Faculty Details
Following Table Shows The Faculties in Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
|Name||Designation||Qualification||Contact No||Email Id|
|Dr. Meena Armo||Professor and Head||M.B.B.S., M.S. (OBG), FCGP, FICMCH, FICOGfirstname.lastname@example.org|