Departments of Paediatrics
The Department of Paediatrics, BRLSABVMGMC, Rajnandgaon was established in the year 2014. The department of Paediatrics has been set up with a vision to be a centre of excellence in medical education, training, research and with a commitment to serve the underprivileged with compassion & care.
Paediatric department currently has 25 bedded NICU, 10 bedded PICU, 60 bedded wards along with 24×7 emergency care services.
The department is committed to uplift the status of medical education of undergraduates by the use of newer teaching methodology. The department actively organizes and participate in various public health events like world breast feeding week, ORS week etc for public awareness. Meaningful scientific research is a key goal of departments’ academics.
The department is working towards the broad vision of establishing a Paediatric centre of excellence.
1. Outpatient Services : Routine OPD 8AM – 2 PM, Daily Immunization clinic, Well baby clinic, Child rehabilitation clinic, Specialty clinics – Sickle cell anemia/Thalassemia, Asthma clinic.
2. In patient Services : Paediatric ward – 60 bedded, Pediatric ICU – 10 bedded, Neonatal ICU – 25 bedded.
3. Emergency Services : 24 × 7 Emergency services.
4. Paediatric ICU : Mechanical Ventilation, central line insertion, point of care ultrasound, blood gas analysis.
5. Neonatal ICU : Ventilation – Invasive & non invasive, phototherapy, exchange transfusion, parenteral nutrition, blood gas analysis.
6. Other Facilities : Bed side Ultrasound, Echocardiography, Flexible Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy, Spirometry
Available Equipments :
• Neonatal Ventilator – 03
• CPAP – 01
• Paediatric Ventilator – 03
• Radiant Warmer – 25
• LED Phototherapy Unit – 06
• Syringe Pump – 35
• Multipara Monitor – 18
• Defibrillator – 03
• ECG Machine – 02
• Spirometer – 02
• Flexible Fiberoptic Bronchoscope – 01
• Portable USG Machine – 01
• Echocardiography Machine – 01
• ABG Machine – 01
• Environmental Decontamination System – 03
• Transport Incubator – 01
Achievements and Research :
• Dr. Ajay Kosam, Professor & HOD Paediatrics was awarded Gold medal for best paper presentation at CG State Conference.
• Dr. Ajay Kosam, Professor & HOD, conducted 2 BNCRP courses as state level instructor in Durg & Bhilai in 2019.
• Dr. Ajay Kosam, Professor & HOD, conducted IAP Touch program as state level instructor in Durg in 2019.
• Dr. Ajay Kosam, Professor & HOD, conducted Medical Emergency Management Module for school children and child safety workshop as national level instructor at Rewa MP in 2020.
• Dr. Ajay Kosam, Professor & HOD, delivered guest lecture on Anemia in adolescent girls at State level conference at Durg in 2020.
Courses : M.B.B.S
Department of Paediatrics conducted the Basic New born care & resuscitation program workshop in February 2019.
• Comparative study between CFL & LED phototherapy devices for unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia in neonates. Feb 2019, International Journal of Paediatric Research. Khunte M, Panigrahi D, Kosam A.
• Effect of neonatal hyperbilirubinemia on brainstem auditory evoked response. Feb 2019. , International Journal of Paediatric Research. Kosam A, Khunte M, Panigrahi D.
List of Faculty : Department HOD & Faculty Details
Following Table Shows The Faculties in Department of Paediatrics.
|Name||Designation||Qualification||Contact No||Email Id|
|Dr. Ajay Kosam||Professor and Head||M.B.B.S., M.D. (Paediatrics)||+email@example.com|