Departments of Biochemistry
The department of Biochemistry is having well equipped student practical laboratory and research laboratory with advanced instruments. The demonstration classroom is equipped with LCD projector. The departmental library has more than sufficient books for higher level of studies. The Department has excellent teaching staffs committed to academic and research activities. The Department is going to start post graduate course soon.
A. Clinical biochemistry laboratory caters 24 hours patient care services with following investigations :
• Blood sugar (RBS, FBS, PPBS, GTT)
• Glycosylated hemoglobin
• Renal Function Tests (Serum Urea, Creatinine)
• Liver Function Tests (Serum Bilirubin- Total and Direct, Alkaline Phosphatase, SGPT, SGOT, GGT, Total Protein, Albumin)
• Serum Electrolytes (Sodium, Potassium, Chloride)
• Sugar and Total Protein analysis of pleural fluid, ascitic fluid and cerebrospinal fluid.
• Lipid Profile (Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, VLDL, Triglycerides)
• Serum Amylase
• Serum total calcium, uric acid.
B. Departmental advanced laboratory offers following services :
• Hormonal investigations like thyroid profile (T3, T4 and TSH).
• Sickle cell disease investigation by hemoglobin electrophoresis.
Available Equipments :
• Fully Automated Beckman Coulter AU680 Biochemistry Analyzer.
• Fully Automated Hb Electrophoresis machine(MinicapSebia – FP).
• ELISA reader and washer.
• Electrolyte Analyzer.
• Gel doc
• Semi Auto Analyzer.
• Horizontal electrophoretic unit.
• Chromatography unit.
• Cooling centrifuge machine
• -20 degree deep freezer
• All glass distillation apparatus
• Hot air oven
• Fume cupboard
Achievements and Research :
ICMR-STS Project 2018 :
Study of relationship between self-reported sleep duration and serum high sensitivity C-reactive protein among medical college students in Chhattisgarh, India
Courses : M.B.B.S
A. Publication by Faculty :
1. Choudhury A.B., Pawar S.M., Sarkar P.D., Gopi K. Hypoadiponectinemia is associated with increased insulin resistance, dyslipidemia and presence of type 2 diabetes in non obese central Indian population. Int J Res Med Sci 2019; 7:106-13.
2. Gupta P., Choudhury A.B., Pawar S.M., Gopi K. Associations between sleep duration, sleep quality and high sensitivity C-reactive protein among medical students of a medical college in Chhattisgarh, India. Int J Med Res Rev 2018.31;6(8):395-02.
3. Dr. Harish Kumar Uraon, Dr. Onkar Kashyap ,Dr. Debapriya Rath. Assessment of risk factor for development of Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients of Raigarh, Chhattisgarh. Indian journal of medical biochemistry 2017. 7;3.
4. Dr. Onkar Kashyap, Dr. Harish Kumar Uraon A Study on role of Serum CA 15 in the Breast Cancer patients of Chhattisgarh. International journal of Scientific Research 2018.7;8.
B. Symposium and Seminar : 4th AMBI-Chhattisgarh State Chapter and conference on the topic “MolecularDiagnostics in clinical Practice” was held on 28th January, 2017.
List of Faculty : Department HOD & Faculty Details
Following Table Shows The Faculties in Department of Biochemistry.
|Name||Designation||Qualification||Contact No||Email Id|
|Dr. Anil Baran Choudhury||Professor and Head||M.Sc. (Medical Biochemistry), PhD (Medical Biochemistry)||+firstname.lastname@example.org|