Departments of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
Forensic Medicine department was established in August –September 2014. Forensic medicine brings the investigative capabilities of modern medicine to the aid of law and justice, and, also imparts appropriate legal knowledge for medical practice. Acknowledging the importance of discipline, it was recently upgraded and will be taught to M.B.B.S students for II Professional and III (Pre-Final) Professional examinations. Here students will have to apply their knowledge of the various sciences to the human body. The Department plans to start various Academic Courses such as MD/ /Certificate Courses/Training Sessions for the benefit of students and medical professionals.
Facilities which will be available soon :
• Medicolegal autopsies
• Expert opinion in Medicolegal cases
• Other Medicolegal work.
• Well established Forensic Museum
Our vision :
Forensic Department envisages vision to be centre of excellence for medicolegal services in central India by initiating services like :
• Forensic Anthropology Laboratory.
• Toxicology Garden.
Available Equipments :
• Centrifuge Digital Indication with Timer
• Autoclave (Small size)
• Dry &Wet Thermometer
• Weighing machine for adult
• Weighing machine for Infant
• Autoclave (Large size) Item Code: E102 AND Model No. ESTOT-106
• X-ray View box
• Mono-ocular Microscope
• Bino-ocular Microscope
• Cabinet for 1000 slide
• Dead Body weighing machine
• Articulated skeleton
• Electronic Weighing machine for weighing organs
• Electronic Weighing machine foetus
Courses : M.B.B.S
Publication By Dr. Nitin S. Barmate, Associate Professor, Forensic Medicine , B. R. L. S. A. B. Vajpeyee. M. Medical College, Rajnadnagaon (CG) (In last one year ie. Aug. 2018- Dec. 2019)
1. A Study Of Patterned Of Injury Among The Homicidal Victims; Journal Of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology Vol. 36 No. 1, Jan - June 2019.
2. Epiphyseal Union Around Wrist Joint & Its Correlation With Chronological Age : A Radiological Study In Population Of Chhattisgarh; Journal Of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology Vol. 35 No. 2, July - Dec 2018.
3. A Study Of Natural Death Due To Thoracic Pathology Involvement - An Autopsy Based Study; Journal Of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology Vol. 35 No. 2, July - Dec 2018.
4. Spontaneous Rupture Of The Inferior Vena Cava In Liver Cirrhosis -.A case report ; Journal Of Forensic Medicine Science And Law 27 (1) (2018) 27-30.
List of Faculty : Department HOD & Faculty Details
Following Table Shows The Faculties in Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
|Name||Designation||Qualification||Contact No||Email Id|
|Dr. Nitin S. Barmate||Associate Professor and Head||M.B.B.S., M.D. (FMT)||+firstname.lastname@example.org|